Sunday, September 16, 2012

Updating the side tables


Part of my goal in transforming our living room was to spend as little money as possible. Cheap, frugal, thrifty, economical, tight-waddish . . . . call if what you may.  I call it smart.  Or that's what I tell myself.

So, I liked these side tables.  The kids hadn't broken the glass on top and they had withstood a good seven years of paw scratches, spilled nail polish remover, sticky juices, fishy cracker crumbs in their crevices, and many other unmentionables.  So they deserved to stay.

And one coat of Paris Grey chalk paint would do the trick.


There was no need for more than one coat as, you can see, I heavily distressed the pieces.  Heck, there are bound to be more doggie paw scratches, so this worked perfect.


 

I added a coat of wax over the paint and called it a day.  Seriously took me about an hour to clean, paint, distress, and wax.  No pre-sanding or priming needed.
 


I do love to mix heavily distressed pieces with the clean look of other pieces.  Go ahead and give those tired looking pieces in your home a new color.  You can make such a dramatic difference just with paint.  

Debbie
Sharing with:













5 comments:

  1. Wait, this is exactly what I want to do on a dresser I have. In light ish blue. So can you explain the wax part? And can I just use regular paint? What's chalk paint?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Thanks for linking up! Love that rug!
    Kim~madeinaday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love these end tables. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. العائلة لذلك نجد ان الاستعانة بشركات مكافحة النمل الابيض بالرياض خاصة في إبادة الحشرات من أفضل القرارات التي من الممكن ان يأخذ بيه الكثير من  الأماكن المختلفة شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالرياض شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض

    أحسن شركة مكافحة حشرات

    تعتبر شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض من أحسن الشركات الخصومات.

    أسعار شركة مكافحة حشرات

    لكل من يعانى من مشكلة انتشار الحشرات لا تقلق الآن لان رش مبيدات بالرياض تقدم اقل الأسعار وانسب نصائح للوقاية من انتشار الحشرات في منزلك
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
    مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
    توجد الكثير من الطرق أو النصائح التي من الممكن إتباعها لتخلص من مشكلة انتشار الحشرات بشكل كبير ومنها.
    الحشرات من منزلك
    شركة مكافحة الحمام بالرياضالتخلص من القمامة المتراكه في المكان مثل المطبخ النباتات التي لها رائحة عطره تساهم في طرد الذباب والناموس من المكان تركيب طارد الحمام
    تهوية المفروشات من السراير والمفروشات والملايات والبطاطين هذا من شأنه يساهم في التخلص أو القضاءان 

    اتصل الآن بشركة مكافحة حشرات
    شركة رش دفان بالرياض
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام

    ReplyDelete